Njord is amongst the most experienced kayak course provider in Norway, since 1999 we have been delivering kayak courses. Njord arrange all NPF courses (Norwegian Canoe Association), from beginner to advanced. We also run BCU courses and on demand courses. We offer discounts to all Kayak Club groups.
Our kayak course portfolio includes:
– Introduction / safety / rescue course 5 hrs (no experience needed)
– Beginners Course – 16 hrs – (no experience needed)
– Technique Course – 16 hrs – (basic skills required)
– Surfing Course – 8 hrs – (basic skills required)
– Rockhopper Course – 8 hrs – (intermediate skills required)
– Expedition Course – 2 days – (intermediate skills recommended)
– Kayak Skills Coaching (basic skills required)
– Eskimo Roll Course – 3 hours – (intermediate skills recommended)
Our price includes all equipment needed and a course certificate from the Norwegian Paddle Federation (NPF) or Njord. NPF approved instructors’ hold all courses. Minimum group number is 4, maximum is 16.
Courses in Flåm
We arrange skills coaching, expedition, beginners and safety & rescue courses on request during the season in Flåm. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +47 913 26 628 for more information and a quote. Look here for scheduled courses.
Courses in Askvoll / Bulandet
All courses mentioned above can be arranged on request all year round in Askvoll / Bulandet. We cover all skills levels in courses. Our range of kayak courses include:
Intermediate and advanced kayak skills courses such as Surf, Rockhopper, Technique etc. are all arranged in the island group Bulandet. All courses may be combined with one or several additional days of guiding in the area. This is an area rich in birdlife and with few tourists. Deep sea fishing, bicycle and hiking tours may also be arranged.
You reach Bulandet by express boat from Bergen to Askvoll, transport from Askvoll by car is included.
Be aware that youths under 16 will not be allowed on the Rockhopper courses. Under 16s must be accompanied by a parent / guardian on any course arranged by us.
We offer a discount for under 16s, larger group bookings and if you have your own equipment.