This tour starts in the innermost arm of the Sognefjord, Lustrafjord. We start in Solvorn and paddle along or across four fjords. All of them spectacular and beautiful.
On the trip we will paddle along untouched fjords and small communities. From the tranquil quiet Lustrafjord to the busy Sognefjord into the internationally renowned UNESCO-listed Nærøyfjord.
During these five days we will visit the Urnes Stav church, dating back to 1135 it is the oldest in Norway. We will spend a night outside the old Viking trading town Kaupanger and hike to the top of one of the mountains along the Fjords.
We paddle with a fishing line trailing us. Maybe we catch our dinner? The dramatic scenery will give you a unique experience of the powers of the glaciers cutting their way trough the mountains. On the way we are certain to spot otter, eagle, fjord porpoise and seals, hopefully all of them.
The Five day Fjord Fantasy starts in Flåm and includes:
– Breakfast, lunch and dinner every day
– Transport to start point in Solvorn and back to Flåm
– Rescue and safety course
– The Norwegian Canoe Associations “Våttkort” qualification for kayaking, this has a value of NOK 1090 and is an internationally recognised kayak qualification.
– Overnight in tents (on request from groups we may organise indoor stays some nights, with an additional cost)
– All necesseary equipment (exept sleeping bag and mat, this may be rented)
– Locally known guide, qualified according to The Norwegian Canoe Associations internationally recognised standards
– List of items that you should bring.
All you need to bring is warm clothes, waterproofs, a sleeping bag, sleeping mat, hiking booths and a small backpack.Pack light! All should fit inside a small kayak. You can leave the rest of your gear at our base. Some previous kayaking experience is a requirement, this is not a tour for complete beginners!
The Fjord Fantasy tour is scheduled in the summer time and may be arranged on special request, min group 6 persons, max 8.
Contact us for more information.
Booking is done by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you calling us on phone number +47 913 26 628
See here for our scheduled tours that are open for groups and individuals to join.
Please see here for comments from previous clients.