This expedition begins in the innermost arm of the Sognefjord, Lustrafjord. We start in Skjolden and paddle the full length of the Sognefjord. This is the tour for those that want a real challenge, we paddle the longest open water fjord in the world, 204 kilometres. No frills attached, this is a challenge! Information about the Sognefjord
On the trip we will paddle along untouched fjords and small communities. From the tranquil quiet Lustrafjord to the busy Sognefjord and past the internationally renowned UNESCO-listed Nærøyfjord. The dramatic scenery will give you a unique experience of the powers of the glaciers cutting their way through the mountains.
On the way we are certain to spot either otter, eagle, fjord porpoise and seals, hopefully all of them. We paddle with a fishing line trailing us. Maybe we catch our dinner?
Completing this tour in six days requires a group of strong paddlers with previous experience. Done from seven to ten days this tour is suitable for most strong persons. The end station is in Rysjedalsvika, from here you may board the boat taking you to Bergen.
Adding on extra days to the six day tour is possible. One extra day may include a mountain trip, adding on 2 days will give you the opportunity to paddle the full length of the Nærøyfjord.
The Length of the Sognefjord starts in Flåm and includes:
– Breakfast, lunch and dinner every day
– Transport to Solvorn and back to Flåm
– Rescue and safety course
– The Norwegian Canoe Associations “Våttkort” qualification for kayaking, this has a value of NOK 850 and is an internationally recognised kayak qualification.
– Overnight in tents (on request from groups we can organise indoor stays most nights, with an additional cost)
– All necesseary equipment (exept sleeping bag and mat, this may be rented)
– Locally known guide, qualified according to The Norwegian Canoe Associations internationally recognised standards
– List of items that you should bring.
All you need to bring is warm clothes, rainclothes, a sleeping bag and sleeping mat. Hiking boots and a small backpack for tours including mountain trip. Do not forget a big smile and a positive attitude.
Pack light! All should fit inside a small kayak. You can leave the rest of your gear at our base. We will bring it to the end station.
This trip may be arranged on special request, min group 5 persons, max 8. It is possible to arrange for stays in cabins, inns or hotels for some nights. This will entail an additional cost.
Please contact us for more information.
Prices are found here
Smallest group is six persons, maximum eight persons.
Booking is done by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you calling us on phone number +47 913 26 628
See here for our scheduled tours that are open for groups and individuals to join.